9 AM – 12 NOON OR 2 PM – 5 PM
Join us for a stroll through Chelsea, one of London’s prettiest riverside boroughs. It’s one of London’s well-kept secrets. It will suit anyone looking for glimpses of fascinating history and beautiful architecture, while escaping the crowds and hectic pace of central London.
- Hear the stories of the artists, aristocrats, and the army, all of whom have made their home in Chelsea for centuries
- See the famous Chelsea Pensioners strolling in their scarlet uniforms, and visit their home, the Royal Hospital Chelsea
- Enjoy the stunning architecture of a London ‘village’ and spot the famous residents of past and present
- Savour traditional refreshments like a proper British brew (that’s slang for tea) and a Chelsea bun
- Optional drop off for a lovely lunch at a proper pub
£210 PER GROUP (UP TO 6 GUESTS)
The Royal Borough
Chelsea is one of the prettiest parts of London, and is still a relatively serene part of town. Hear the story of how this area went from a sleepy country retreat to the home of Britain’s monarchs (and some of their mistresses), as well as high society.
The Royal Hospital
Enjoy the surroundings of the Royal Hospital Chelsea, where veterans of Britain’s armed forces still live – the famous Chelsea Pensioners. It’s also still celebrating Chelsea’s history of gardening, since every year the grounds host the Chelsea Flower Show.
Radicals and Intellectuals
Hear the stories and secrets of the artists and intellectuals, and the refugees and gardeners, who all made Chelsea their home. We’ll show you secret sketch clubs, and the sites of pioneering research.
The Chelsea Bun
Don’t know your scone from your muffin? Not to worry, since a local bakery will introduce you to the delights of the Chelsea Bun. Taste history with a gloriously sticky traditional British treat.
A Lunch You’ll Love
London Tailored Tours loves food. We’re happy to recommend nearby places to eat, whether it’s a local pub, a tea shop, or perhaps a more rarefied restaurant. We’ll happily guide you there after your stroll through Chelsea.
Advice and Support for the Rest of Your Trip
We like to stay in touch, so if there are any questions, big or small, for the rest of your trip, we welcome you to message us. We’re always happy to help.