1.30PM – 4.30PM
1.30PM – 5.30PM with Chelsea Physic Garden Extension
Available every day
Join us for a stroll through Chelsea, the prettiest riverside borough and one of London’s best-kept secrets. It will suit anyone looking for glimpses of fascinating history and beautiful architecture, while escaping the crowds and hectic pace of central London. This private walking tour includes:
- Meeting your private guide at your hotel, apartment or agreed central London location
- Stories of the artists, aristocrats, and the army, who have all made their home in Chelsea for centuries
- A visit to the Royal Hospital Chelsea, where you can meet the famous British Army veterans called Chelsea Pensioners
- Views of the stunning architecture of a London ‘village’
- A proper British brew (that’s slang for tea) and a traditional Chelsea bun
- Lunch recommendation and reservation at a proper local pub (food at your own cost)
- The option to enter the Chelsea Physic Garden for an interior tour with your guide for £40 per adult, £20 per child
1-5 GUESTS £210
6-14 GUESTS £270
+ £40 per child/£30 per adult for entry to the Chelsea Physic Garden
+ £240 for a chauffeur-driven Mercedes for the duration of your tour (up to 4 hours)
The Royal Borough
Chelsea is one of the prettiest parts of London, and is still a relatively serene part of town. Hear the story of how this area went from a sleepy country retreat to the home of Britain’s monarchs (and some of their mistresses), as well as high society.
The Royal Hospital
Enjoy the surroundings of the Royal Hospital Chelsea, where veterans of Britain’s armed forces still live – the famous Chelsea Pensioners. It’s also still celebrating Chelsea’s history of gardening, as the grounds host the Chelsea Flower Show every year.
Radicals and Intellectuals
Hear the stories and secrets of the artists and intellectuals, and the refugees and gardeners, who all made Chelsea their home. We’ll show you secret sketch clubs and the sites of pioneering research.
The Chelsea Bun
Don’t know your scone from your muffin? Not to worry, since a local bakery will introduce you to the delights of the Chelsea Bun. Taste history with a gloriously sticky traditional British treat.
A Lunch You’ll Love
London Tailored Tours loves food. We’re happy to recommend nearby places to eat. Whether it’s a local pub, a tea shop, or perhaps a more rarefied restaurant – We’ll happily recommend location that’s convenient for you.
Optional Chelsea Physic Garden Extension:
A Hidden Garden of Health and Beauty
Marvel at the world-famous 17th century botanic gardens, built to cultivate plants, flowers and crops from all over the world. Here you can learn the history of everything from medieval medicinal plants to cotton and chocolate. Then sit in the shade and admire the beautiful ornamental flowerbeds, and breathe in scents brought from across the globe to this walled garden in Chelsea.
Advice and Support for the Rest of Your Trip
We like to stay in touch, so if there are any questions, big or small, for the rest of your trip, we welcome you to message us. We’re always happy to help.